Job Location: Etobicoke, ON
Job terms: Full time Contract (35hrs/Week)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The Arab Community Centre of Toronto (ACCT) registered in 1974 is a not-for-profit
organization with charitable status and is non-political and non-sectarian. The ACCT’s
mission is to enable and empower individuals, families, and communities to lead informed,
productive, and culturally sensitive lives. As a non-profit model of excellence, we honour
our Arab Canadian heritage through community building and service to those in need of
Position Title: Youth Team Lead
ACCT is currently recruiting a full-time Youth Team Lead to work from our Etobicoke office.
The Youth Team Lead will promote youth programs, engage with youth in workshops,
conduct discussions, plan and facilitate multiple youth programs, as well as; develop youth
volunteer opportunities both within the programs and the community. In addition to being
responsible for program targets and deadlines while assuming a hands-on role in supporting
young people to make more positive and fulfilling choices through training, positive role
modelling, mentoring, and providing practical support.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop and execute an implementation work plan outlining objectives and strategies to
reach and engage youth participants.
- Implement case management to eligible youth and manage referrals
- Promote programs on social media and other viable marketing tools
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners
- Coordinate and facilitate group sessions and workshops as required
- Conduct program evaluation and reporting
- Coordinate youth media arts programming according to developed work plans
- Facilitate weekly Youth Drop In program at ACCT’s Scarborough location on Friday
- Conduct intake and needs assessment for program participants.
- Support youth to achieve goals identified in their care plans and help them navigate the
- Maintain contact with youth to identify additional needs or barriers to service access; to
provide support and encouragement; and to follow up to ensure successful outcomes.
- Maintain up to date client case notes and meet monthly reporting and other deadlines.
- Advocate for youth and work with community, educational, and support service agencies
to overcome access barriers.
- Engage youth in appropriate educational, employment, and life skill programming.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Provide age and culturally competent services.
- Participate in local community, youth, and safety network meetings.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with educational, social, legal and health
service community programs to ensure successful referrals.
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, Community Development, Humanities,
Counselling or related field
- Minimum three years of experience working with youth programs using an anti-racist &
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; additional fluency in Arabic
language would be an asset
- Empathic, respectful, and discrete; remains tactful and patient during stressful situations
- Demonstrated experience providing culturally competent services among ethnically
- Experience develop funding proposals for youth projects or programs would be an asset
- Skill in managing the case plans of multiple, high-risk youth clients.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the life experiences and diverse needs, identities, and
cultural backgrounds of at-risk and high-risk youth in underserved communities
- Knowledge of the community including knowledge of local programs and services to
refer high-risk youth, such as mental health and counselling supports.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative, judgment, and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency in planning, implementing, and evaluating group activities.
- Experience in facilitating group sessions and delivering workshops
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings or weekends to
- Able to commute and work from both our Etobicoke and Scarborough offices
- Holder of a driving license and owns a car
- Police record check for vulnerable sector is required as part of the hiring process.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter by September 30, 2022
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be